We have been thinking about spring this week... unfortunately the weather has been against us and the snow made us feel a bit chilly and not at all spring-like, but we have managed some forays into the garden.
We have seen the buds growing on trees and little plants pushing though the soil... we drew some of the plants and talked about the different shades of green in the garden. This was followed by a very messy paint mixing session!
To try and include all areas of learning and development in our activities, I planned for us to go on a nature walk.
- We thought carefully about what clothes we needed to wear to be dressed for the weather (PSED);
- We talked about what we might see on our walk and spent time looking together at some flower and nature books so we could make a list of things to try and spot (CLL);
- We counted all the items on our list and planned to make a counting line when we came back (PSR&N);
- We talked about which way we would go on our walk and the children made suggestions, using their knowledge of the local area (KUW);
- Of course, the walk itself would ensure we got plenty of good exercise in the fresh air (PD);
- We decided that we would make some daffodil pictures on our return (CD).
A great time was had by all!
See my website ~ www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk