- Updated your safeguarding policy and procedures to include information about mobile phones and cameras?
- Gone through requirement 3.72 and made sure you can say 'yes, I share all that with parents'?
- Changed the parent information guide on www.foundationyears.org.uk so it reflects your way of working?
- Updated your observation, assessment and planning documents to show the 7 areas of learning?
- Designed a new '2 year progress check format' that you are happy with?
- Made a new 'physical intervention' record in case you need to document an incident?
- Decided whether you are going to continue writing your RAs or explain them verbally during your inspection?
- Worked through all the EYFS 2012 to make sure you have all the required documents in place?
- Included the Characteristics of Effective Learning in the children's assessments?
- Decided whether you are going to make changes to the ways you present your policies and procedures?
- Explained the changes to the EYFS to parents?
- Made sure parents are aware that you will be sharing their child's learning with them so they can follow up activities at home from now on?
- Considered how you will note sharing with other settings / agencies so you can show evidence of this to your inspector?
- Changed the format of each child's Learning Journey file to include the new Development Matters guidance document and decided how you will show progression without using it as a tick list?
- Downloaded a copy of 'Working together to safeguard children'... and noted that it is being replaced soon? I do NOT recommend printing it - it's huge!
- Made sure your SEF is safely stored on your computer because Ofsted are going to be mucking about with their online SEF system?
- Taken time to read through all the information in free downloads at the top of the Childminding Forum... about changes to the EYFS, variations from Sept etc to make sure you are confident you will be ready to tackle the new requirements?
Now is the time to sort things out!! Sarah
Don't forget - I am offering free updates on all e-books you have bought previously - you just need to contact me and ask for them